What is 2FA?
Two-factor authentication or 2FA ensures the security of your Liquid account and the funds in your wallet. For instance, setting up 2FA can help you prevent unauthorized access to your Liquid account and safeguard your assets. It is also important to note that 2FA is a prerequisite for making withdrawals of your funds.
Once 2FA is set up, you will be required to enter a time-sensitive security code, in addition to your login credentials while signing-in to your Liquid account.
Liquid users can use these apps and web browser extensions to enable two-factor authentication by following the step-by-step instructions below.
Setting up 2FA using your authentication app
Step 1 - Download and install a 2FA application of your choice.
Step 2 - Sign in to your Liquid account and go to the Security settings screen. Or, on Liquid dashboard, here's how to get started:
- Locate the 3-step onboarding banner on Home page.
- Click the option Secure your account.
- Click on your profile picture at the top right corner.
- Navigate to the option Security.
Step 3 - Set up two-factor authentication
- Open your authentication app.
- Scan the QR Code or copy the Secret Key to your authentication app.
- Back up your Secret Key (write down or print a copy of the 16-digit secret key and put it in a safe place in case you lose or break your device).
- Enter the 2-step verification code provided by your authentication app.
- Click Enable.
Now, every time you log in to Liquid, you will need to enter the 6-digit code found under Liquid in the authenticator app of your choice.
If you have any questions or need help, please contact our Customer Support team.