Account verification (KYC) on Liquid is optional. However several services, such as deposits and withdrawals in fiat currencies, require you to have a verified ("approved") Liquid account.
Why does Liquid need to verify my account?
We need to make sure that you're a real person we are dealing with, not a bot. Knowing who you are helps us protect your assets and ensures we are compliant with regulatory bodies.
What do I have to provide?
You will need to upload 3 documents:
- Government-issued ID document (driving license, passport, national ID card or VISA for legal stay)
- Proof of address
- Your selfie
Accepted formats include bmp, jpg, png, pdf or tiff.
1st document: ID DOCUMENT
- Use government issued IDs only - i.e passports, driving license or ID card.
- This document must have your photo in it.
- Your name on this document must match the first name and surname you have submitted and the name on your proof of address.
- We must be able to read your name in Latin alphabet (A, B, C, etc).
- Use a single picture file. If the ID is two sided, please submit only the side that has your photo.
- Your ID must be current and un-expired.
2nd document: PROOF OF ADDRESS
We accept any bills or documents that are issued by a financial institution, a utility company, a government agency or a judicial authority. These include:
- Credit card statement
- Bank statement
- Electricity bill
- Water/gas bill
- Council tax bill
- Tax letter/bill
The same document used for proof of identity cannot be used for proof of address. Your name on this document must match the legal name first (given) name and family name you have registered on our platform and the name on your ID document.
We must be able to read your address and name in Latin alphabet (A, B, C, etc). If this is not possible, you will need to get your document translated and signed by a notary public.
Finally, the proof of address document must not be older than 3 months. Hand written documents are not accepted.
Some handy tips for ID document and Proof of address
- We need clear photos of the whole of the documents (eg an entire unobstructed photo page of your passport, the entire unobstructed surface of your ID, or the entire unobstructed front page of your utility bill).
- Make sure that the images are clear and not blurred and there are no reflections or glare.
- Take your photos directly above the document while they are on a flat surface.
- Don’t obstruct the documents in any way with fingers or thumbs.
- Don’t use Photoshop or other editing software; do not alter the documents in any way.
- Do not crop the images; try to have margins on all sides.
- Use color images only and no lower than 200 DPI.
3rd file: SELFIE
To make sure it's really you, we need you to take a selfie. Make sure you bring on best selfie game and take a proper picture of your face, and ONLY your face, and not your pet cat (yes, some people actually do that).
- Take a selfie to help our system verify your identity using facial recognition.
- Make sure you take a clear, straight-on head shot, with no reflections or shadows, for the tool to work properly.
- Take a color photo.
- Hold your camera steady.
- Wear a shirt! Nobody wants to see you topless.
- Wear sunglasses or a hat or anything that can obscure your face.
- Crop the image. Use image editing software.
- Use flash.
- Take your photo with a colored or noisy background.
- Hold a passport or note in the Selfie image, your headshot is sufficient.
I've uploaded my documents to Liquid. What happens next?
Once you have submitted your documents, they go for automatic screening, all adhering to the strictest security standards to ensure your data is protected. Cases that don’t get approved right away for one reason or another will be flagged and dealt with manually by our Customer Support team.