My 2-factor authentication (2FA) code doesn't work
This error happens most often when the date and time on your device does not completely sync with the global time. Please first go to Settings to check whether the date and time is set as "automatic". Then switch it to “manual" and update it correspondingly. Lastly, change the setting back to automatic again. If you still experience the issue after completing the above steps, restart your phone and try again.
Android users can also use the Settings > Time Correction for Codes function on their Google Authenticator app (GA) to recalibrate.
Another common cause is that the 6-digit code you're getting from GA isn't meant for Liquid. The GA account should have an indicator of Liquid or Quoine, and should display your Liquid account email address partially.
I no longer have access to Liquid 2FA tokens
If you have saved the original QR code (or text code) when you first set up 2FA for your Liquid account, simply use your chosen 2FA device to scan that code again.
If you don't have this code, we will need to disable the 2FA setting of your Liquid account. This is so that you can log in again without entering 2FA code and get 2FA set up anew.
The process will require you to provide an "ID selfie" (a photo of you holding your ID document and a note that mentions Liquid and date/time of request). The ID selfie is to verify if you are the owner of the Liquid account that will have its 2FA setting disabled. See requirements for ID selfie at the end of this article.
Requirements for ID selfie
The photo needs to include the following:
- Yourself (preferably NOT topless)
- Your ID document
- A handwritten note detailing your request, a reference to Liquid, and date/time of request
Requirements for selfie
- Please use a light, neutral background.
- Please look straight at the camera.
- Selfie must be in color.
Requirements for identity document
- Identity document can be national ID, international passport, or driving license.
- Identity document must be original (not photocopied).
- Identity document should be in characters of Latin alphabet. Japan driving license is accepted.
- Information on document must be clearly visible.
Requirements for handwritten note
- Note must contain a reference to Liquid and time/date of your request, for example "Liquid 1/10/2018 12:54pm."
- Note must be handwritten and original (not photocopied).