If you want to access the products and features on Liquid, you'll need a Verified Account.
With a fully Verified Account, you will have full access to everything on offer at Liquid, including fiat deposits and withdrawals.
How do I verify my account?
Verification is easy, you just need to submit a few documents. We'll help you through the process.
There are two ways to begin verification of your account:
1a. The easiest way, is to hover over your avatar in the top right of the Liquid dashboard on desktop, and click Account Status.
Then, click on the option shown to verify your account. Please note, that to verify your account, you must have already set up 2FA.
1b. Alternatively, you can visit My Profile and then click Verify And Upgrade Now.
2. Next, you are required to upload 3 verification documents.
Here's what you should prepare:
- Government-issued ID document (driving license, passport, national ID card or VISA for legal stay). The Government ID should have a Nationality, ID Number and Date of Birth indicated.
- Proof of address ( less than 3 months old)
3. To upload your documents, simply drag and drop them into the box or click the upload box to browse and upload the files from your computer.
Accepted document formats are: bmp, jpg, png, pdf or tiff.
4. Formats accepted are: scans or clear photos of your ID and proof of address.
If you're taking photos, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We need clear photos of the entire document.
- Make sure that the images are clear and not blurred and there are no reflections or glare.
- Take your photos directly above the document while they are on a flat surface.
- Don’t obstruct the documents in any way with fingers or thumbs.
- Don’t use Photoshop or other editing software; do not alter the documents in any way.
- Do not crop the images; try to have margins on all sides.
- Use color images only and no lower than 200 DPI.
Below are additional tips to ensure your documents are verified without any delays:
- Use government issued IDs only, ie passport, driving license or ID card.
- The chosen document must have your photo in it and your Nationality
- Your name on the document must match the first name and surname you have submitted and the name on your proof of address.
- We must be able to read your name in Latin alphabet (A, B, C, etc).
- Use a single picture file. If the ID is two sided, please submit only the side that has your photo.
- Your ID must be current and un-expired.
Proof of address
We accept any bills or documents that are issued by a financial institution, utility company, government agency or judicial authority. These include:
- Credit card statement
- Bank statement
- Electricity bill
- Water/gas bill
- Council tax bill
- Tax letter/bill
For your proof of address:
- The same document used for proof of identity cannot be used for proof of address.
- Your name on this document must also match the legal name first (given) name and family name you have registered on our platform and the name on your ID document.
- We must be able to read your address and name in Latin alphabet (A, B, C, etc). If this is not possible, you will need to get your document translated and signed by a notary public.
- The proof of address document must not be more than three months old. Hand written documents are not accepted.
To make sure it's really you verifying on Liquid, we need you to take a selfie. We only need to see your face for this.
- Take a selfie to help our system verify your identity using facial recognition.
- Make sure you take a clear, straight-on head shot, with no reflections or shadows, for the tool to work properly.
- Take a color photo.
- Hold your camera steady.
- Wear a shirt!
- Don't wear sunglasses or a hat or anything that can obscure your face.
- Don't crop the image. Use image editing software.
- Don't use flash.
- Don't take your photo with a colored or noisy background.
- Don't hold a passport or note in the Selfie image, your headshot is sufficient.
I've uploaded my verification documents. What's next?
Once you have submitted your verification documents, they are sent through automatic screening. All of Liquid's screening processes adhere to the strictest security standards. This is to ensure your data is always protected. Accounts that are not approved immediately, will be flagged and dealt with manually by our Customer Support team, who will be in touch via email.
For added convenience, we are also able to offer verification over video call.
Need help? Our Customer Support team are available 24/7.