Confirm New IP Address email
It can take up to 10 minutes for this email to arrive to your Inbox. If you still don't receive the email after 30 minutes, let us know using the live chat feature in the bottom right of this window and we'll investigate.
Here are some common causes:
- One of our emails sent to you previously was marked as spam, either by you or the email service provider.
- The email service provider cannot receive emails from Liquid server.
- Your email address is disabled or deactivated by the email service provider.
My 2-factor authentication (2FA) code doesn't work
This error happens most often when the date and time on your device does not completely sync with the global time. Please first go to Settings to check whether the date and time is set as "automatic". Then switch it to “manual" and update it correspondingly. Lastly, change the setting back to automatic again. If you still experience the issue after completing the above steps, restart your phone and try again.
Android users can also use the Settings > Time Correction for Codes function on their Google Authenticator app (GA) to recalibrate.
Another common cause is that the 6-digit code you're getting from GA isn't meant for Liquid. The GA account should have an indicator of Liquid or Quoine, and should display your Liquid account email address partially.
I no longer have access to Liquid 2FA tokens
If you have saved the original QR code (or text code) when you first set up 2FA for your Liquid account, simply use your chosen 2FA device to scan that code again.
If you don't have this code, we will need to disable the 2FA setting of your Liquid account. This is so that you can log in again without entering 2FA code and get 2FA set up anew.
If you have forgotten your Liquid password but still have working 2FA (i.e. Your 2FA device can still generate codes without issue), Liquid provides the ability to reset password yourself.
- Click Forgot Password on the Sign-In screen of Liquid.
- Enter your Liquid email address and a 2FA code from your 2FA device.
- Click Send Token to receive a security token via email.
- Follow instructions in the email to proceed.
If you do not have working 2FA, drop us a message and we will assist. The process of resetting password will require you to provide an "ID selfie" (a photo of you holding your ID document and a note that mentions Liquid and date/time of request). The ID selfie is to verify if you are the owner of the Liquid account that will have its password reset. See requirements for ID selfie at the end of this article.
Change in Liquid account email address
Currently users can't change the email address of their Liquid account by themselves. To do so, please let us know and we will assist. The process of resetting password will require you to provide an "ID selfie" (a photo of you holding your ID document and a note that mentions Liquid and date/time of request). The ID selfie is to verify if you are the owner of the Liquid account that will have its email address changed. See requirements for ID selfie at the end of this article.
I froze my account by mistake
Unintentional account freezing happens when you accidentally click on the Freeze Account link included in all login-related transactional emails sent from Liquid, such as Confirm New IP Address or Successful Login from New IP emails.
If your account has a zero balance, let us know and we will restore your account back to its previous status. This process does not require any additional step.
If your account has positive balance, we will need your help in providing an ID selfie. This is to make sure that you truly froze your account by mistake and not some hacker trying to bypass our security setting. See requirements for ID selfie at the end of this article.
Requirements for ID selfie
The photo needs to include the following:
- Yourself (preferably NOT topless)
- Your ID document
- A handwritten note detailing your request, a reference to Liquid, and date/time of request
Requirements for selfie
- Please use a light, neutral background.
- Please look straight at the camera.
- Selfie must be in color.
Requirements for identity document
- Identity document can be national ID, international passport, or driving license.
- Identity document must be original (not photocopied).
- Identity document should be in characters of Latin alphabet. Japan driving license is accepted.
- Information on document must be clearly visible.
Requirements for handwritten note
- Note must contain a reference to Liquid and time/date of your request, for example "Liquid 2019/MM/DD" and your inquiry (2FA disabling, password reset, email changing or account unfreezing)
- Note must be handwritten and original (not photocopied).